Sunday, July 15, 2007

Flying off...

It’s down to the wire! In twelve hours, I’ll be on the Air North plane, on my way to Whitehorse via Dawson and Old Crow. Then, I’ll spend a few hours in Whitehorse before connecting to Vancouver. I’ll be exhausted by the time I reach my parents’.

I don’t know how to say farewell to my northern summer. I spent the day doing laundry and playing with my cat. In the evening, I brought her over to my friend’s house. I already miss her. It’s strange not to see her little curious face poke around the corner, to feel her circling around my legs.

In the morning, before I leave, I’ll have to vacuum the house. My friend might be coming up from Yellowknife for a few weeks, and I’ve offered my place up. It’s too bad we’ll miss each other though.

Tomorrow night, I’ll experience darkness once more. Maybe the stars would be able to compensate for losing the midnight sun.

On Thursday, I’ll make my way to Thunder Bay on a red-eye flight. I’ll get there on Friday morning to meet my sweetie. Perhaps there’ll be fireflies there. Maybe a few days by a lake is exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment