Sunday, March 15, 2009

Movie meme

I've been watching quite a few movies in the past couple of weeks. My good friend in Inuvik sent me a flash-drive with scanned pages of a Social Studies textbook that I needed for my students. He also managed to fill up the remaining memory on the flash-drive with assorted movies, which I've been enjoying during the dull evenings here in Fox Creek.

I must say that my life here is too humdrum to blog about, so I'm resorting to a meme about movies that my friend A had tagged me for:

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times. Bridget Jones's Diary, The Hours -- two movies that I always dig up when I have the blues.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater. Contact

3. Name an actor/actress that would make you more inclined to see a movie. Cate Blanchett, Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet, Sean Penn

4. Name an actor/actress that would make you less likely to see a movie. Adam Sandler, Will Farrell

5. Name a movie that you can quote from. Little Women

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Moulin Rouge

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with. The Sound of Music

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see. Me and You and Everyone We Know (It's not a movie for kids though.)

9. Name a movie that you own. I own waaaaay too many to name just one!

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.  Queen Latifah

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what? No, I've never been to a drive-in....

12. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it. The Reader -- but this will soon be remedied.

13. Ever walked out of a movie?  Almost walked out of The Butterfly Effect, and was so glad I didn't.

14. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. The Secret Lives of Bees -- I sobbed pretty nearly all the way through.

15. Popcorn?  No, I'm not fond of the way it sticks to my teeth.

16. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? I used to go at least once a week, but living in small towns without movie theatres has made it immeasurably more difficult.

17. What's the last movie you saw in the theater? New In Town -- despite what the critics said, I found it sweet and charming, albeit fluffy and predictable.

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie? Drama for sure

19. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? Snow White

20. What movie do you wish you had never seen? My Winnipeg

21. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? I love all of Charlie Kaufman's movies, and they're pretty weird.

22. What is the scariest movie you've seen? Silence of the Lambs -- saw it when I was ten and it traumatized me.

23. What is the funniest movie you've seen? Bridget Jones's Diary -- both the movie (the first one) and the book were hilarious.

We just came back from another weekend in Edmonton.  Here are a couple of photos, one of the wide prairie skies along the highway, and one of the provincial legislative building at night, courtesy of my dinky cellphone camera:


1 comment:

  1. great, now i have a whole lot of movies i want to watch.
    Thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete