Friday, July 03, 2009

In limbo

I've begun my summer vacation! So, has it been days of relaxation, tanning, and shopping? Not exactly....

We've moved out of Fox Creek without a glitch. Cleaned the apartment, had the dream out-inspection (where the apartment was deemed to be pristine and spotless), and drove down to Edmonton. We've been here three full days now, and we're stuck in a rut.

I've looked at an apartment, and put a deposit on it. It should be available any day now, and I'm just waiting for the phone to ring to tell me that it's ready. Of course, I'm the only one in a hurry. The property manager is probably taking her sweet time calling my previous landlords and doing the credit check.

I'm torn: I could either fly home now and come back to move into the apartment later, possibly in August, or I could stay put and wait. There are also other factors involved: M has been here to help me view apartments and shop around for furniture, but she may hit the road soon because these days in hotels cannot possibly stretch on forever. She needs a place to go, which we would have if I could move into my apartment now.

These are some of our bags, hauled all the way from Fox Creek to Edmonton. We have nowhere to haul them to now.... 

Oh, and my new apartment has light pink walls, which I really do not like. They were going to repaint it another hue, but I said I'd take the suite as-is because it would mean an earlier move-in date. I wonder if I should have just taken the August move-in date and gotten the new paint colour....

Ring, phone, ring!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment