Friday, March 07, 2008

Time-travelling



The above photograph is a tribute to one of my favourite quirky books: Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman.  In it, a character theorizes that that since light takes time to travel, we are really seeing a slightly younger version of ourselves reflected back to us when we look into a mirror.  And so, if we angle parallel mirrors just right, we can reflect that reflection back and forth, each reflection displaying a younger version.... Hence, eventually, if we look hard enough, we can "reflect" ourselves back to our childhoods.

A photograph of my blog captures the state of the blog at a given time.  By publishing that photo, I'm documenting my blog in some point of time in the past.  And, by extension, a photo of my blog that has a photo of my blog that has a photo of my blog... means I am travelling back in time.  (And people say time travel is impossible! Ha! That'll show them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment