Monday, January 19, 2009

Outside of myself

Something important is happening in the world today. For today, I can step outside of myself and gain some perspective. I can't wallow in self-pity today. The world is me, yet infinitely bigger than me today. I will stretch, breathe deeply and contentedly today. My steps cannot be heavy today. I am going to dance upon the earth today. I am going to smile sincerely today. Whatever I feel tomorrow or in the days after, I will look back and remember the brightness of today, of this moment, of this hope.

People say let us not forget the tragedies and the sacrifices, but let's not forget this hope. In our remembering come words that could transform into action, into change, into right. A new path is being forged, so let's choose to dance upon it, together, like dizzy-spinning children, giddy and drunk with mirth. And when the spinning stops, let's go forth into the next day, and the next, and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment